- The hospital bag is mostly packed, so I don’t have to worry anymore about the baby coming early and the possibility that there will be no pictures or video of him just after his birth because his mother was foolishly unprepared.
- Except for a few lingering colds, everyone here seems to be on the mend health-wise. Which means it is just a matter of time before the next major illness strikes.
- Liam and I signed up today for a minimum three-month discount subscription to several local participating gyms. It makes no difference that I’m planning on choosing now as the time to begin an exercise routine that I’m eight-plus months pregnant, right? Seems like as good a time as any, really, A couple of swim sessions couldn’t hurt to help get me in shape for the upcoming labor, right? Right? We are totally nuts here at this house. Turns out our first attempt to use the passes failed. We wanted to go to a family swim today, but everything closed down early. So, what did we do instead? We celebrated by going out to dinner for chicken wings, of course.
- This past week the youngest slept two back-to-back nights through the night, waking at 5:00 a.m. This allowed me on both occasions to get seven, uninterrupted hours of sleep for the first time in nearly two years. One would think I would have felt rested for days and days as a result of all the extra dozing. But no, I still feel exhausted. All. The. Time.
- And lastly, we still have no definitive name chosen for the baby. Several we both like, but no showstoppers. Praying for some divine intervention here. Or to discover a new, never before heard or seen baby name that is sure to knock everyone’s socks off, including our own. Or, we could just go with Fitzliam. Time will tell.